2. This morning my alarm didn't go off.... alright maybe I forgot to set it... but either way I was late up, very late up. I jumped out of bed with no more than 20 minutes before I had to leave to find that Jake was up and nearly ready. I
3. Annoyingly a Lego set that Todd wants for Christmas was in Sainsburys last week for £41, this week it's £60 - I thought it was a good price. Of course I didn't buy it last week did I!?!
4. Our schedule for the next few weeks leading up to the big day is filling up fast. This week the boys have their respective Christmas parties with their football teams. Wish me luck as I sit through an under 10's disco night at the weekend.
5. Of course, as is usual for this time of the year, the Mr's workload has increased significantly. I know in the current economic climate it would be crazy for the hotel to turn down business, but I do wish they would consider whether their chef would like to spend a little time with his family, or indeed have some kind of break rather than working 7 days a week non-stop.
6. Can you tell from all of the above how this time of year gets to me - I really want the boys to have good memories of Christmas time but it's not easy. In an attempt to get into the spirit of things we have been watching the Christmas movies on Sky, some are really bad, others pretty good. The best one so far... Arthur Christmas... if you haven't seen it, do try, it's really good.
7. In an effort to bolster the Christmas funds we have not really done any food shopping this week. We are fortunate to have a small chest freezer in our cellar which has plenty in it. After a bit of menu planning I managed to spend £3.70 something in Aldi and that was it.
8. Finally (my sister will sigh when reading this... or shake her head... or both) finally getting around to using the calendar on my phone. It's actually quite good and very easy. Also liking the post-it note kinda app. I have been using it to jot down ideas or things I see for gift inspiration. God help me if I lose my phone!
9. We had an end of year briefing today at work where we received a chocolate Santa. After the day I've had it's all gone and I didn't share it either!
10. My lovely pen-friend in Indiana has snow, lots of it. Can't decide if I want it here or not. Perhaps when we've 'broken-up' for the Christmas break and we've got no where to be. That would be fun and the boys cannot wait to teach Bosley all about it!